The Temple is located at Yishun industrial Park A, Yishun Avenue 7 in Singapore. In the year 1944 the British took over the Naval base, now named H.M. Naval Base, from the Japanese. Thousands of Hindus from India came here to work.
Inspired by his dream of lord murugan with a majestic golden cobra seated below a particular elanthamaran in the swampy mangrove area west Canberra read, P. Karupiah, a worker in the British royal navy dockyard constructed a very simple altar on the auspicious day of pongal in 1962 the tree under which the altar was constructed had size main branches which symbolised its links with lord Murugan. He also placed pictures of other deities in the altar.
Word spread of the small altar and the evening prayers, which were held daily, Hindus working at the dockyard soon flocked to the altar, which was walking distance away. Then a commodore HM dockyard designated the place to be designed as a place of worship. A small shed was built around the elanthamran, and it became know as the holy tree.
In 1964 the temple was officially registered. S,Sarvanan became the first honorary president and his elected committee were assigned with the project of building the temple, With great support of committee members and devotee the project was imitated. The building materials and other logistics were provided by the commodore of the royal navy and the superintendent of HMN dockyard.
The temple celebrated its first kubaabhishegam in march 1971 the first wedding between Sevarajan and Vijaya was Solemnised in the temple. This was the start of many wedding on he temple.