Place Category: Hindu Temples
Bharatiya Hindu Temple Powell
The Bharatiya Temple Society of Central Ohio promotes awareness, understanding, and practice of the Hindu religion, and works toward improvement of the quality of life of the community. The Society’s goals are:
– To create a physical, mental and spiritual environment for the practice of Hinduism
– To provide a focus of religious, spiritual, educational and cultural activities for its members
– To provide opportunities for leadership and active participation of our youth
– To create an awareness and appreciation in the local community
– To build religious harmony and understanding with other religions of the world in general, and religions originated in India, in particular
Provide necessary resources, expertise and knowledge in keeping the general public abreast of Indian Culture and religious traditions by maintaining cultural ties with the Indian community and by interaction with various organizations of other communities.
To provide educational experiences to adult and youth members of the congregation, and to the general public regarding Hindu religion, Indian customs, traditions and languages, and to teach skills to members to lead happier lives.
Provide facilities, resources and personnel to enable the devotees to perform and participate in religious poojas and kirtans at and away from the temple premises. Activities may include: Daily poojas of All deities, Friday bhajans, Religious festivals year round, Ramayana recitations and kirtan, Havan, Suprabhatam on Saturday mornings, Satyanarayana, Bhagwat and other Kathas, Ceremonial/ritual poojas: -Birth – Upanaya – Wedding – Grihapravesh – Ishtdevata – Death
Youth Involvement Goals
To provide an environment conducive to learning and practicing Hindu Dharma and Culture for the children and youth of Central Ohio; to get children, parents, young parents, and students actively involved in temple activities; to inculcate leadership skills in youth and have youth take on some of the temple responsibilities and activities; and to pass on the responsibility of running the temple to the younger generations.
Weekdays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Weekends: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
The Temple is open round the year. It is only closed during weather emergencies.