Sri Somesvara Temple Clyde
Sri Somesvara Temple is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. It is a Vedic Shiva temple at the center of Mount Soma, a community commonly referred to as “Mount Kailash of the West.” People travel great distances to experience Sri Somesvara’s powerful Linga, profound silence, and timeless vibrations.If you want to feel the presence of Lord Shiva, go to Mount Soma.
Perform pradakshina around the outside of the temple clockwise, if possible 3 times.
Please remain silent as soon as you enter the temple.
As you enter the temple, touch the raised threshold with your right hand, put palms together for Namaskaram, and then step into the temple with your right foot.
Please do not walk between Nandi and the Shiva lingam in the temple.
Sri Somesvara, a Vedic temple:
A temple for you and your family for generations to come
The purity of the deities, pandit, and temple is strictly maintained
The purity of Vedic Knowledge is upheld in its highest form
All ceremonies radiate subtle vibrations that touch the soul
Authentic, constructed with 50 tons of hand-carved granite from India
Pandit Prasad is a teacher with a post-doctorate in Vedic Studies
All aspects of Sri Somesvara and Mount Soma support human evolution
The Visitors/Cultural Center is great for a wide variety of functions, including:
- Weddings – Pandit Prasad enjoys performing authentic Vedic weddings, and this Center has a bright and scenic indoor space for weddings and receptions.
- Picnics – Outside of the Visitors/Cultural Center, there is a large lawn with spectacular mountain views to the east, as well as a stage. After visiting Sri Somesvara Temple, Mount Soma is a wonderful place to enjoy a majestic afternoon in mountains.
- Cultural Celebrations – The beautiful location, Sri Somesvara Temple, and Visitors/Cultural Center with recording facilities, make Mount Soma the perfect place for cultural celebrations. Sri Somesvara Temple encourages cultural celebrations in conjunction with Temple events, such as Mahashivaratri, Diwali, Annakoot, Sharad Navaratri – Dussehra, etc.
- Meditation – Meditations are offered twice daily, in the morning and the afternoon.*
- Meals – Daily, Lunch is served at 1:00 pm and Dinner is served at 6:00 pm.*
- Videos – Record and remember your event with custom videos.
Mount Soma is in the mountains where the roads can get slippery and icy. In the winter, it is advised that you visitwww.weather.com to check the weather conditions. If you still have questions or concerns, feel free to call us at (828) 476-4073 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are driving in the late fall, winter, or early spring, please use caution and bring chains if it is bad weather.
If the roads are icy, and you are concerned about reaching Mount Soma, a ride may be available. Call (828) 476-4073 to inquire about a ride. Please note: rides will only be provided if the roads are icy.
9:30 AM Ar