Jain Center of Northern California Milpitas
The Jain Center of Northern California (JCNC) is a unique membership-run, non profit organization incorporating the innovative and progressive life styles Jain families in the Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area while sustaining the religion with its roots back to 900 B.C. The JCNC was founded in 1973 with a membership of 20 families. Today, the membership count has grown to 1025 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
With the blessing of Shri Adinath Bhagawan, JCNC celebrated one of the most memorable and historical Pratishtha Mahotsav of JAIN BHAWAN from August 4-8, 2000. It was attended by more than 5,000 people. Jain Bhawan is the first Jain temple in the entire North America to have Pratimajis with Pran Pratishtha, uniting all Jains beliefs under one roof – Shwetambar, Digambar, Sthanakwasi, Terapanthi and the inspired ones by Shrimad Rajchandraji. Jain Bhawan’s authentic design and architecture makes it a unique landmark, first of its kind in North America. This 24000 sq. ft. two story structure sits on a 1.7 acre lot in the heart of the Silicon Valley.
JCNC has also held the following trend-setting events:
– The 6th JAINA convention, hosting over 3000 people in 1991
– The 2nd Biennial Convention of Young Jains in 1996, hosting over 600 youth between the ages 14 and 30 years, attending from USA, Canada, UK and India
– Numerous lectures and discourses by guest scholars, pundits and monks
– Religious classes held on regular basis
– Camps for youth and adults
– Cultural and social activities that include local communities
– Activities for Young Jains of America (YJA) and Bay Area Jains Association (BAJA) for working professionals
Instill spiritual development, self-awareness, moral consciousness, social well-being, and Jain identity in individuals, based on the principles of Jainism.
· Bring happiness to our life through the proud heritage of Jainism
· Enhance our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health while maintaining fundamental values of Jainism
· Adhere to the highest standards of ethics and integrity
· Create positive environment around teachers, participants, family members and friends
· Utilize latest scientific information where applicable
Dev Guru Shastra Puja :
M-F: 7:05, S-S & Holidays: 8:05
Pakshal & Puja :
M-F: 7:20 AM, S-S & Holiday: 8:20 AM
M-F: 8:00 AM, S-S & Holidays: 9:00 AM
Aarti & Mangal Divo:
Everyday 7:45 PM Sharp